How your podiatrist in Beachwood and Middleburg Heights, OH, can help with heel pain.
Heel pain can come on suddenly, or it can develop over time. If you suffer from heel pain, you already know how debilitating it can be. The good news is your podiatrist is an expert at treating heel pain and other foot and ankle conditions and can help you get active again.
Dr. Ronald Freireich at Cleveland Foot And Ankle Consultants provides a wide range of podiatry services, including treatment of heel pain. He has two convenient office locations in Beachwood and Middleburg Heights, OH, to help you.
There are several causes of heel pain, along with several ways to treat the condition. You can develop heel pain from:
- Stepping on sharp objects, causing a heel bruise
- Excess calcium deposits, causing a heel spur
- Plantar fasciitis, causing pain across your heel and along your arch
You can try some simple home remedies which can give you some relief. You can:
- Apply ice to your heel several times each day
- Elevate your foot to take the pressure off your heel
- Take over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medication
Plantar fasciitis is the most common cause of heel pain. You may have plantar fasciitis if you notice:
- Sharp, stabbing pain in your heel and along your archIncreasing heel pain when you stand up after sleeping or sitting
- Increasing heel pain when you are active or exercising
You should seek out the expertise of your podiatrist if your heel pain isn’t relieved by home therapies. Your podiatrist may recommend:
- Custom-fit orthotics and footwear
- Heel wedges, inserts, and cushions
- Physical therapy and foot stretches
- Prescription strength anti-inflammatory medication
- Cortisone injections
You don’t have to let heel pain interrupt your life. Your podiatrist can help you and your feet. To learn more about the causes and treatment of heel pain, call Dr. Ronald Freireich at Cleveland Foot And Ankle Consultants. You can reach him in either the Beachwood or the Middleburg, OH, offices by calling (216) 591-1905, so call now.
For more information on treating heel pain, step into The Heel Pain Centers section of our website https://www.clevelandfootdoctors.com/the-heel-pain-center.